Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Spring

The first signs of Spring are definitely making their appearance in our yard.  Winter was never very severe here this year.  So I have had Gerber daisies blooming all winter.  But now, with the recent rain that we have had, they are going absolutely wild.  They are so gorgeous!  The bed has several areas that need to be replanted because those plants did not survive the drought, but the ones that did are amazing!!

Also,  three days ago, our poppies started blooming.  The first day there was one lone white poppy.  The next day, a red appeared in the same bed.  But yesterday, we had two whites, three reds and a bright pink.  I can't wait until we are in full bloom.

Some of my Grandkids were visiting yesterday and had a wonderful time looking at and picking some of the poppies.  The wind also did a number on them so I don't have many pictures of them yet.

This is the best time of year for me to take pictures of flowers.  As soon as my company leaves, I will be out in the yard every day that I possibly can, taking pictures.  I also get various insects as well as the gorgeous flowers that my wonderful husband has planted.
As the days go by, I will be adding some of these pictures to my shop, Note Cards and Photos by Theresa .

No comments:

Post a Comment